The body of a Jacksonville man found dead at the site where he had been hired for work has been sent off for autopsy, said Jacksonville police.
Officers responded to a call in the 800 block of Bolton at 3:30 p.m. Saturday after being contacted by a group of people walking through a wooded area behind a hair salon. When they stepped out of the trees, they noticed the body of David Smith, 51, on the ground, said JPD Sgt. Daniel Franklin.
“He had been hired by the business owner to trim a fallen tree, but when officers arrived, (Smith) was found deceased,” he said.
The case remains under investigation.
Students get first-hand look at healthcare professions
They came. They observed. They learned.Continued ...
- JEDCO to spend as much as $1.1 million helping company expand distribution center operations and hopefully creating over 100 new local jobs
- All-star cast of cowboys light up opening night of Tops In Texas rodeo Rodeo
- Tops in Texas Rodeo 2013: Rain didn’t dampen spirits on opening night
- Nearly 30 attend police memorial ceremony
- Students get first-hand look at healthcare professions
- LOCAL NEWS
- LOCAL SPORTS
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
- Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
- Brook Hill three peats as TAPPS 3A baseball champions; Pile strikes out 14
- 19-3A Softball All-District: Rusk’s Littlejohn named league MVP; Bowling, Blankinship garner superlative accolades