The Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public for information that could lead to the arrest of a man caught on camera burglarizing a home on Thursday.
The suspect was caught on camera somewhere between 11 a.m. and noon in the ShadyBrook Community on Lake Palestine, near Bullard.
Police officials said the homeowner left their home just minutes before the suspect walked through his front yard and began trying to break into the side door of the home.
Before touching the door, the suspect removed his T-shirt and wrapped it around his hand to conceal any fingerprints. He made several attempts to break in the side door, but failed, before briefly trying the back door. He eventually returned to the side door and was able to enter the home.
According to the surveillance video, the suspect spent a little over five minutes inside the house and left with over $7,000 in silver coins, two pistols, jewelry and other valuables.
The suspect took the items and is not seen on video for almost 15 minutes. Officials said they believe he took the items to a nearby house or vehicle.
The suspect returned to the house two more times, taking more valuables each time.
In all, the total loss is estimated at approximately $10,000.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office at 903-683-2271.
Blaze of Glory: JPD officer risks own life to save residents
Quick action and a heroic undertaking by a Jacksonville Police officer saved two people's lives Saturday evening when a vicious fire engulfed their home.Continued ...
- Juneteenth festivities to celebrate history, local residents, leaders
- Digging into reading at the public library
- Farmers groups split into two different markets
- Election 2013: Experience prevails: Melvin re-elected
- Blaze of Glory: JPD officer risks own life to save residents
- LOCAL NEWS
- Mayoral run-off results now legal, official
- Weekend accident claims life of Rusk city employee
- FATHER OF INVENTION: New hospital gown prevents exposure
- BUSINESS CONFIDENTIAL: Training, new hires, anniversaries make up this week’s column
- Dad on Purpose: Helping men become stronger parents
- LOCAL SPORTS