Jacksonville ISD presented the new director of transportation to board members at Monday's meeting.
Mark Turney had his first day with the district on Monday, replacing former director John Keller.
“Glad to be here, excited about being here, survived the first day,” Turney told board members.
Lindy Finley, assistant superintendent of finance and operations, lightheartedly said that Rusk ISD was a little upset at them for stealing Turney away.
“We have had tremendous recommendations on him,” Superintendent Dr. Joe Wardell said. “I can tell you the people in Rusk are upset with us, but that's OK. We want to get the best people and he fits into that mold, so we are looking forward to working with (him).”
Turney said he worked as transportation director for nine years in Rusk, for Cardinal Health for three years and was a self-employed farmer for 15 years.
Who is Robert Fox?: Does anyone really know?
Killer. Convict. Fugitive. Immigrant. Religious zealot. Separatist. Political prisoner. Patriot community hero. Patriot community dupe.Continued ...
- Man believed killed in Cherokee County trailer park blaze
- Who is Robert Fox?: Transcript of interview with Robert Fox
- Who is Robert Fox?: Transcript of interview with Richard McLaren
- Who is Robert Fox?: Republic of Texas 'ambassador' (Richard McLaren) still plans to transform the Lone Star State into an independent country
- Who is Robert Fox?: Does anyone really know?
- LOCAL NEWS
- Local effort to help Oklahoma tornado victims continues
- Former Christian radio station program director arrested second time in a 12 month span for drugs
- Tornado watch sparks concern; thunderstorms kill power, knock over tree limbs, wall of downtown building
- Wells man arrested on suspicion of second-degree felony sexual assault
- Welcome Home
- LOCAL SPORTS