Brook Hill quarterback Will Weathers and Bullard High linebacker Zack Holladay recorded eye-popping individual efforts in their respective clubs' games last Friday night.
Weathers went 14-of-18 via the friendly skies and passed for 238 yards and five touchdowns in the Guard's 54-22 TAPPS, Division II, District 2 win over Dallas Shelton.
He also carried 16 times for 50 yards and had a pair of touchdown runs in the game.
Brook Hill improved to 4-1 overall, 2-0 in district after the win.
The Guard travel to Cedar Hill this week to test Trinity Christian Academy.
On the other end of Bullard town on Friday, Holladay tuned in a road grader and a steamroller all on the same evening.
The Panther linebacker had 28 total tackles (17 solo) in his teams 27-14 loss to Kilgore, in what was the District 16-3A lid lifter for head coach Shannon Wilson's Panthers (4-1, 0-1).
Holladay also added a sack, three quarterback pressures, two tackles for loss just for good measure.
Honorable Mention: Brook Hill freshman Seth Brasher, caught three passes for 119 yards and three touchdowns in his teams blowout win over Shelton's Chargers...Rusk's DJ Glenn, a sophomore running back, scored his first varsity touchdown in the Eagles' loss to Carthage...It came on a 44-yard scamper up the middle in the third quarter.
NOTE: Statistics are provided by coaches and are considered official.
- Local Sports
- Tops in Texas Rodeo Official Results Jacksonville, Texas, May 15-18
- Maass wins all-around title in 51st Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo
- GONE FISHING WITH Jerry Miller: Targeting Bass During the Shad Spawn
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
The last ride of the night turned out to be the most spectacular ride of the evening Wednesday night when Austin Meier scored an 87 for his ride atop "Rainbow" in the final segment of bull riding on the opening night of the Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo.
- Brook Hill three peats as TAPPS 3A baseball champions; Pile strikes out 14
- 19-3A Softball All-District: Rusk’s Littlejohn named league MVP; Bowling, Blankinship garner superlative accolades
- More Local Sports Headlines