The Bullard Lady Panther volleyball team trekked to Kilgore Tuesday night for it first District 16-3A match of the fall.
The Lady Bulldogs, who dropped down from Class 4A to the Class 3A ranks this year, spoiled things for the Lady Panthers in defeating Bullard 3-0 (25-20, 28-26, 25-22) at Bulldog Gymnasium.
Hana Woyt led the Lady Panthers with four kills and maintained a .300 hitting average.
Defensively, Bullard received 11 digs from Lexi Abercrombie.
The Lady Panthers are now 11-14 overall, 0-1 in league play.
Bullard returns home tonight to continue conference play by hosting Longview Spring Hill at 4:30 p.m.
Sub-varsity: The Lady Panther junior varsity team (10-20, 1-0) downed the Lady Bulldogs 2-0 (25-23, 25-14) behind the strong play of Jacey Preston and Maddy Slayter. In the freshmen match, Bullard (4-5, 1-0) prevailed 2-0 (25-12, 25-13). Players of impact for the winners were, Katie Bell and Olivia Rodrigues.
- Local Sports
JHS Spring Football Scrimmage: Game ends in a 107-107 deadlock
After two live quarters and a pair of 10-minute running-clock periods the first Jacksonville Blue vs. White spring football scrimmage since 2004 ended in a 107-107 tie Friday night at Tomato Bowl.
Fight'n Indians set to scrimmage tonight
Jacksonville High School will be wrapping up spring football practice by staging a Blue vs. White scrimmage at 6 p.m. this evening at Tomato Bowl.
- Tops in Texas Rodeo Official Results Jacksonville, Texas, May 15-18
- Maass wins all-around title in 51st Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo
- GONE FISHING WITH Jerry Miller: Targeting Bass During the Shad Spawn
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
The last ride of the night turned out to be the most spectacular ride of the evening Wednesday night when Austin Meier scored an 87 for his ride atop "Rainbow" in the final segment of bull riding on the opening night of the Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo.
- More Local Sports Headlines
- JHS Spring Football Scrimmage: Game ends in a 107-107 deadlock