Jacksonville could not overcome a rocky first ining as the Tribe fell 12-5 to Mabank in a scrimmage game that was held at Summers Norman Field on Thursday night.
The Panthers pranced on the Indians early to score sevn runs on three Tribe errors and three base on balls that were given up by Indian pitching in the opening frame.
The good news was that the Tribe played much better the rest of the game.
Players of impact offensively for Jacksonville were, Cash Cleaver, Brett Eckles, Guadalupe Muniz, Michael Sexton and Trevor Ewalt.
Jacksonville had its final practice game last night in Chapel Hill (results not available as of press time).
On Tuesday evening (7 p.m.) the Indians will open the regular season by welcoming Center to Summers Norman Field.
A junior varsity game between the Tribe and the Roughriders will start at 4:30 p.m.
- Local Sports
- Tops in Texas Rodeo Official Results Jacksonville, Texas, May 15-18
- Maass wins all-around title in 51st Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo
- GONE FISHING WITH Jerry Miller: Targeting Bass During the Shad Spawn
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
The last ride of the night turned out to be the most spectacular ride of the evening Wednesday night when Austin Meier scored an 87 for his ride atop "Rainbow" in the final segment of bull riding on the opening night of the Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo.
- Brook Hill three peats as TAPPS 3A baseball champions; Pile strikes out 14
- 19-3A Softball All-District: Rusk’s Littlejohn named league MVP; Bowling, Blankinship garner superlative accolades
- More Local Sports Headlines