The Brook Hill Lady Guard leveled Dallas Lutheran 3-0 (25-22, 25-16 ,25-15) to complete an undefeated (8-0) TAPPS Division III, District 4 season on Thursday evening in Bullard.
The win came on Senior Night with the performances of several of the seniors factoring heavily into the win.
Seniors Alyssa Eden, Baylee Rozell and Abigail Baker all turned in stellar play for the Lady Guard (21-4 overall).
Eden had 14 assists and five kills, Rozell delivered 12 assists to compliment her three spikes and Baker, the Lady Guard libero, was the defensive sparkplug, accounting for 11 digs.
Sophomore Sam Anderson led Brook Hill in kills with 12, while adding six blocks.
According to coach Ricky Clements this year’s squad accounted for the second-best season in Brook Hill volleyball history.
As district champions Brook Hill will open the playoffs at home on Thursday night against the Lady Saints of Carrollton Christian Academy.
First serve is slated to take place at 6 p.m.
- Local Sports
- Tops in Texas Rodeo Official Results Jacksonville, Texas, May 15-18
- Maass wins all-around title in 51st Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo
- GONE FISHING WITH Jerry Miller: Targeting Bass During the Shad Spawn
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
The last ride of the night turned out to be the most spectacular ride of the evening Wednesday night when Austin Meier scored an 87 for his ride atop "Rainbow" in the final segment of bull riding on the opening night of the Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo.
- Brook Hill three peats as TAPPS 3A baseball champions; Pile strikes out 14
- 19-3A Softball All-District: Rusk’s Littlejohn named league MVP; Bowling, Blankinship garner superlative accolades
- More Local Sports Headlines