NEW SUMMERFIELD —
The District 21-A-I champion New Summerfield Hornets racked up the post season awards. Austin Gray was named as the 21-A-I Co-District Most Valuable Player, an honor he shared with Zac Sturns of Alto. Angel Marroquin earned Defensive Player of the Year honors and Case Wilkerson was the loop's Freshman of the Year. Other award winners were, Ryan Weaver and Cameron Williams, who both nabbed First Team mention. Freddy Hernandez was a Second Team choice with Adrian Ornelas and Kiko Parra securing Honorable Mention lauds. New Summerfield head coach Jason Davis and Agustus Moore of Alto shared Coach of the Year honors. Pictured in top photo is Gray (dark jersey). Coach Davis is pictured in the above photo.
NEW SUMMERFIELD —
- Local Sports
- GONE FISHING WITH Jerry Miller: Targeting Bass During the Shad Spawn
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
The last ride of the night turned out to be the most spectacular ride of the evening Wednesday night when Austin Meier scored an 87 for his ride atop "Rainbow" in the final segment of bull riding on the opening night of the Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo.
- Brook Hill three peats as TAPPS 3A baseball champions; Pile strikes out 14
- 19-3A Softball All-District: Rusk’s Littlejohn named league MVP; Bowling, Blankinship garner superlative accolades
- TAPPS 3A Baseball: Brook Hill advances to fourth-straight state title game
Brook Hill defeats Brazos Christian 7-5 in TAPPS title thriller
Brook Hill used a three run sixth inning to get past Bryan Brazos Christian, 7-5, in the TAPPS 3A State Championship baseball game that took place in Waco Wednesday afternoon.
- More Local Sports Headlines