The Bullard Lady Panthers stroked out 11 hits and rode the arm of pitchers, Cocoa Springer and reliever Bailey Taylor to a 12-2 win over the Lady Bulldogs in District 16-3A softball action on Tuesday afternoon.
A big five-run, first innings got the Lady Panthers rolling as they improve to 3-1 in league play.
Catcher Sarah Ritch and Taylor each doubled in the game for Bullard.
Second baseman, Laura Wakefield paced the Lady Panthers at the plate going 3-for-4, and center fielder, Lannie Lasseter was a perfect 3-for-3.
Spring had six strikeouts in her three innings of work for the win.
The Lady Bulldogs got a big RBI-single by Slayter Wages for the lone hit, and second run in the top of the fifth stanza.
Bullard closed out the game via the ten-run adding on three-runs in the final at-bat.
The Lady Panthers will travel to play the Lady Lions of Henderson this Friday afternoon with a 4 p.m. first pitch slated.
Chapel Hill will look for their first win of the year on Friday as they entertain Kilgore at 4 p.m.
- Local Sports
- Tops in Texas Rodeo Official Results Jacksonville, Texas, May 15-18
- Maass wins all-around title in 51st Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo
- GONE FISHING WITH Jerry Miller: Targeting Bass During the Shad Spawn
- NJCAA Men's Tennis Championships: Rain puts things on hold for Jags
- Ex-Jacksonville College hoopster to become a Minnesota Golden Gopher
Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo: Meier earns 87-point rid on 'Rainbow'
The last ride of the night turned out to be the most spectacular ride of the evening Wednesday night when Austin Meier scored an 87 for his ride atop "Rainbow" in the final segment of bull riding on the opening night of the Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo.
- Brook Hill three peats as TAPPS 3A baseball champions; Pile strikes out 14
- 19-3A Softball All-District: Rusk’s Littlejohn named league MVP; Bowling, Blankinship garner superlative accolades
- More Local Sports Headlines