Investigators from the Cherokee County Sheriff's Department arrested Jody Glenn Smith, 43, Sunday on charges of having a prohibited weapon, possession of marijuana and theft of a firearm.
Smith, of Bullard, remains in Cherokee County Jail as bonds have not been set and more charges against hime are pending from alleged burglaries and thefts, according to a release Tuesday from Cherokee County Sheriff's Capt. John R Raffield.
On Sunday, Chero-kee County investigators, working off a tip, executed a search warrant for a property in the 300 block of Caroline Street in the Shady Brook subdivision of Lake Palestine. They had received information that stolen property from several burglaries over the past month would be located there.
Smith was arrested at the scene and a second search warrant was issued for a location where more alleged stolen property was kept.
No more arrests have been made as of press time Tuesday.
- Local News
- Jacksonville, Alto hold 'Clean Up Day' Saturday
- Webb to city: Let's find a replacement for Lon Morris
- City Council holds special meeting today
- Election 2013: Runoff election means second round of early voting
- JISD reimburses city for school roadwork
- Man convicted for 2011 narcotics offense
- Progress Report: Award
- PROGRESS REPORT: Garden officially opens despite rain
- Commencement: Jacksonville College
- Newly elected school board members take office quickly
- More Local News Headlines