A Jacksonville man was found dead in a Tyler hotel Thursday evening.
Sgt. Wendell Gardner, with the Tyler Police Department, said 22-year-old Ashton Hughes, of Jacksonville, was found by officers around 6:15 p.m. at 1800 West Erwin St. after a welfare check was called into the department.
Don Martin, the department's public information officer, said Hughes was found alone without bruises in a locked room. He said at this time, the department believes the cause of death could be a drug overdose, but his body has been sent off for an autopsy for confirmation.
“Right now there is nothing to indicate foul play was involved,” he said.
- Local News
- Jacksonville, Alto hold 'Clean Up Day' Saturday
- Webb to city: Let's find a replacement for Lon Morris
- City Council holds special meeting today
- Election 2013: Runoff election means second round of early voting
- JISD reimburses city for school roadwork
- Man convicted for 2011 narcotics offense
- Progress Report: Award
- PROGRESS REPORT: Garden officially opens despite rain
- Commencement: Jacksonville College
- Newly elected school board members take office quickly
- More Local News Headlines