An 11-year-old Tyler youth was sent by helicopter to a Tyler hospital Friday morning after being ejected from the vehicle he was in while it traveled through Cherokee County Friday morning.
According to a media relations representative at Children's Medical Center, Rojas is listed in stable condition at the Dallas hospital. Initially, he was transported by helicopter to a Tyler hospital, then sent to the Dallas facility.
However, DPS Trooper Stephen Gresham, who is assigned to Cherokee County, said Rojas sustained what “looked like possible facial fracture or head injury, but he was conscious and alert.”
The accident occurred sometime between 8:15 and 8:20 a.m. Friday at the intersection of US Highway 69 and County Road 1105, between Rusk and Alto.
A 2003 Chevy Tahoe driven by 50-year-old Sergio Delgado of Tyler was traveling southbound on US 69 when the left rear tire blew out, causing the vehicle to lose control, according to the trooper's report, and the vehicle exited the road into a ditch, rolled and struck a tree.
Neither Delgado nor his wife, Lucinda, 52, who was riding in the front passenger seat, appeared to have minor injuries, the trooper said, and were transported by ambulance to Jacksonville ETMC. Hospital officials said they were not allowed to release information about the couple, including whether they had been treated and released the same day.
Francisco sustained injuries after being ejected from the back seat of the vehicle, where he was riding without a seat belt, Trooper Gresham said.
- Local News
- Local effort to help Oklahoma tornado victims continues
- Former Christian radio station program director arrested second time in a 12 month span for drugs
- Tornado watch sparks concern; thunderstorms kill power, knock over tree limbs, wall of downtown building
- Wells man arrested on suspicion of second-degree felony sexual assault
- Welcome Home
- HEALTH: New electronic record system meant to give doctors instant access to patient information
- Keep safe during a tornado
- Gutted Yum-Yums building should be torn down ‘soon’
- Gardening project will delight nursing home residents
- Coming Saturday: House Of Israel: Who is Robert Fox? Can Richard McLaren tell us?
- More Local News Headlines