Officials said the controversy over the ownership of the rodeo arena will not affect the 3rd-annual Spooktacular Bull Bash, slated for Nov. 3.
The event will be held in the Lon Morris College Rodeo Arena.
The day will begin with a farmer's market at 3 p.m., kids activities and music.
Special guests are slated to include “Rusty” Paul Ruark, Hatti Bridges, Brooklyn Cheyanne Hooker, Darby Allaine Capps, Aztek and the Engage Drama Team.
Local FFA Chapters and churches will be in attendance fundraising with mechanical bull rides, bungee jumping, pony rides, greased pig chases and more.
Bull riding is slated to begin at 6 p.m., with an opening ceremony by the Marine Corps, with God Bless America to be sung by Brooklyn Hooker.
Main events will feature mutton bustin', mascot races, mini bulls and then the 40 head champion bull riding.
The event supports local agricultural programs and operations.
General admission tickets are $10, $5 for students, $100 for boxed seating and free to children under 5 years old. Advance tickets can be purchased at Jacksonville Auto Glass or online at www.spooktacularbullbash.com
For more information visit the event's website, Facebook or call 903-721-0678 or 903-586-5950
- Local News
- County Commissioners take first look at 2014 budget
- City dismantles nostalgic area playground citing various safety hazards
- Chamber announces Tomato Fest photo contest winners
- Mayoral run-off results now legal, official
- Weekend accident claims life of Rusk city employee
FATHER OF INVENTION: New hospital gown prevents exposure
See a need. Fill a need. That’s exactly what Jacksonville resident Ferlin Blood did by inventing a new hospital gown to help patients in hospitals and nursing homes.
- BUSINESS CONFIDENTIAL: Training, new hires, anniversaries make up this week’s column
- Dad on Purpose: Helping men become stronger parents
- Veterans’ peer program offers healing, support
- Local city, school district call Monday meetings
- More Local News Headlines