Dr. Nathaniel Jeanson, a biologist with the Institute for Creation Research, will offer a series of talks Tuesday and Wednesday as part of this year's Manley Distinguished Lecture Series at Jacksonville College.
The event is named for Nora Belle Manley, who retired in 1976 from Jacksonville College after serving on its faculty for 26 years.
This year's lecture will be presented in three parts because of the amount of information offered by the Institute of Creation Research, said lecture series committee chairwoman Marolyn Welch.
The first, An Easy 'Cell': Unmistakable Evidence for Creation and Design at the Cellular Level, will be held Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the Stevens Room at the Norman Library.
On Wednesday, Jeanson's presentations will be held in Buckner Chapel: An Easy 'Cell': Unmistakeable evidence for Creation and Design at the Cellular Level begins at 10 a.m., while Revisiting the Origin of Species: What does the Evidence Really Say? will be held at 2:30 p.m.
Jeanson received a doctorate in cell and development from Harvard Medical School in 2009 and subsequently joined the Institute for Creation Research. At Harvard, he assisted in adult stem cell research, focusing on the role of Vitaman D in regulating blood stem cells, according to a college press release.
Jeanson also submitted testimony to Massachusetts governing bodies in opposition to human embryonic stem cell research and has served as a panelist on the Massachusetts Citizens for Life convention. Presently, his research involves “the investigation of molecular mechanisms of biological change from a young-earth perspective,” the college release states.
Lectures are free and open to the public. This is the 37th year the series has been held.
- Local News
- Tornado watch sparks concern; thunderstorms kill power, knock over tree limbs, wall of downtown building
- Wells man arrested on suspicion of second-degree felony sexual assault
- Welcome Home
- HEALTH: New electronic record system meant to give doctors instant access to patient information
- Keep safe during a tornado
- Gutted Yum-Yums building should be torn down ‘soon’
- Gardening project will delight nursing home residents
- Coming Saturday: House Of Israel: Who is Robert Fox? Can Richard McLaren tell us?
- Pasadena motorist dies in Cherokee County early Saturday
- JEDCO can spend up to $1.1 million to help company expand, create more local jobs
- More Local News Headlines