The Jacksonville Garden Club will hold its annual homemade luncheon and auction fundraiser 11 a.m. Friday at the Norman Activity Center.
Homemade chicken spaghetti, salad, bread, beverages and desserts – all prepared by club members, according to publicity chairman Debbie Meyers – are available for a $5 donation.
A silent auction and a drawing will be held, and a live auction begins after lunch.
Items up for bid include a bistro table and chairs set, gift certificates from local merchants, plants, a mani-pedi service, cookbooks, Christmas and fall decorations, among others.
The event is the sole fundraiser of the Garden Club, Meyers said.
- Local News
- JEDCO can spend up to $1.1 million to help company expand, create more local jobs
- Alto health initiative hopes to morph into a regional clinic
- Rep. Travis Clardy's Capitol update
- Senator Nichols: My five cents
- Tops In Texas PRCA Rodeo set for final performance tonight
BUSINESS: Pipe Cleaning Awards: City awards businesses that work to keep sewer pipes clean of oil and grease
“Flushable.” Do NOT trust that word.
- BUSINESS CONFIDENTIAL: In a world that seems to be burning down as we speak, Jacksonville's list of significant downtown fires isn't overwhelming. Plus, eat out locally and don't flush oil down the drain
- Jacksonville, Alto hold 'Clean Up Day' Saturday
- Webb to city: Let's find a replacement for Lon Morris
- City Council holds special meeting today
- More Local News Headlines