Among the Jacksonville Baseball/Softball Association's four-team 10 and under softball league are the Hard Hitters and the Bubble Gum Babes.
Each of these squads take their softball serious as they spend a good portion of their free time toiling in the hot-summer heat.
The Hard Hitters are coached by Justin Swindell and have a dozen young ladies on the roster.
Those players include, Priscilla Gallegos, Tyshuna Gipson, Tyshera Gipson, Cassie Herron, Alexis Herron, Berkley McDonald, Makia Moon, Heaven Pinckard, Latayshia Swindell, Trinidy Thompson, Kelly Van Ness and Jordyn Whitaker.
The Bubble Gum Babes, who are hard to miss on the diamond with their unique “BG Babes” custom- monogrammed socks, and pink and white poke-a-dot belts, are under the direction of head coach Roel Ramirez.
Team members include, Yanelly Barerra, Hailee Castillo, Madison Crowe, Mackenna Dement, Jacey Hicks, Lauryn Johnson, Ansleigh Lagham, Raven Ramirez, Raylee Ramirez, Alyssa Reyes and Caylee Sanford.
- Local News
- Tornado watch sparks concern; thunderstorms kill power, knock over tree limbs, wall of downtown building
- Wells man arrested on suspicion of second-degree felony sexual assault
- Welcome Home
- HEALTH: New electronic record system meant to give doctors instant access to patient information
- Keep safe during a tornado
- Gutted Yum-Yums building should be torn down ‘soon’
- Gardening project will delight nursing home residents
- Coming Saturday: House Of Israel: Who is Robert Fox? Can Richard McLaren tell us?
- Pasadena motorist dies in Cherokee County early Saturday
- JEDCO can spend up to $1.1 million to help company expand, create more local jobs
- More Local News Headlines